Sunday, May 22, 2011

Matched (Matched, #1)Matched by Ally Condie

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The first thing this book did was scream YA to me because the writing, meaning technique and style, is fairly light and simplistic. And it was a fast read. BUT, the story it tells and the questions it raises in your mind are fascinating and utterly captivating. Yes, dystopian fiction has been done, and done agan, and yet again. And yet I like this book because it takes all of those questions and ideas that our society needs to always remember, and poses them towards a younger audience, in a language and setting they can relate to. So brilliant! I feel this book is a much needed bridge, or maybe a hand of fellowship, towards younger generations to introduce them into this perspective of humanity. And I look forward to reading the sequels in this series.


View all my reviews

No comments: