Monday, April 11, 2011

Think No Evil... by Jonas Beiler

Think No Evil: Inside the Story of the Amish Schoolhouse Shooting...and BeyondThink No Evil: Inside the Story of the Amish Schoolhouse Shooting...and Beyond by Jonas Beiler

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a wonderful, quick read. This book is all about the Amish schoolhouse shooting and how the Amish community reacted to that violence with forgiveness. I thought it was very well written. The time spent on the actual events of that day was relatively little, so the tone was not morbid or upsetting. Instead, the focus was mostly on the people, both inside and outside the Amish community, and how the events impacted them emotionally. It explains a lot about Amish culture and how forgiveness is always the natural response for them because Christ is at the center of everything they do. It explores how we non-Amish can better implement forgiveness in our own lives.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Julie said...

This is a book that I haven't been sure I wanted to read but now after your comments & the discussion we had, I feel it would be a worthwhile read.
Thanks for posting!