Friday, March 4, 2011

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Price of Freedom by A.C. Crispin

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Price of FreedomPirates of the Caribbean: The Price of Freedom by A.C. Crispin

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This was an ARC my good friend K. Marie gave me, just for fun. This story is all about Captain Jack Sparrow before he got the Black Pearl. Okay, it's more like HOW he got the Black Pearl. If you enjoyed the movies, even remotely, you'll have fun with this.

It took me while to get through because the chapters are a bit lengthy, and I like to read in chapters if I can. Since I've been busy, it's been hard to find the time lately. But finish it, I did- enjoyably so.

FYI- This book is being published as an official Disney edition story and is marked for ages 13 and up- as it should be. The language is pretty clean, but there are some fairly suggestive love scenes that really would be inappropriate for younger children. Oh, and killing. Not too graphic though.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

A. C. Crispin said...

New excerpt from The Price of Freedom is up on Tor.com. This is the first swordfight from the novel!

http://www.tor.com/stories/2011/05/pirates-of-the-caribbean-the-price-of-freedom-excerpt

-A.C. Crispin
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Price of Freedom
Disney Editions
May 17, 2011