Saturday, February 19, 2011

Matched by Ally Condie

Matched (Matched, #1)Matched by Ally Condie

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Thanks Carrie for your great review on this book! I finished reading it today and here's my take:

I went into this book with... not LOW expectations exactly, but I certainly didn't expect to get sucked into it the way I did. I had an awful lot to do this weekend and it all got shelved so I could read. Any time I've had to put it down, I've found myself thinking about the story. I can definitely see why they'd want to make this into a movie. But I have a feeling the movie will ruin the book for me, just like Twilight. But let's not go there.

I would recommend this book for the following reasons:

It's light and fun and effortless.
It leaves me feeling hopeful in an odd sort of way.
It is squeaky, and I mean SQUEAKY, clean.

A lot of YA books seem outrageously inappropriate for teens, but I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to hand this over to a young adult.

View all my reviews

No comments: