Sunday, January 9, 2011

North by Northanger (or Shades of Pemberley) by Carrie Bebris

This is the third Mr & Mrs Darcy Mystery By Carrie Bebris Written in 2006

This is my second book by this author. She has written several that are all about the Darcy’s and a mystery that puts them in the setting and characters of one of Jane Austen’s books. I really enjoy them because it combines two of my loves JA and mystery.

I don’t want to give much away so this will be a short review. It is less than a year after Elisabeth and Fitzwilliam Darcy have married. She is with child. Darcy lost his mother during childbirth so he is very overprotective and will do anything to protect Elizabeth.

They are invited to visit a friend of Darcy’s mother at Northanger Abbey, Mr Tilney. After they leave the Abbey, they find themselves in terrible legal troubles. Because of this Darcy’s aunt, Lady Catherine De Bough, must come to Pemberley and remain with them for many months. A mystery ensues making even more complications. Darcy is busy trying to find answers to the legal matter. Elizabeth has her hands full dealing with Lady Catherine who continues to not like her and does not accept her as the new mistress of Pemberley.

It is a wonderful story, well written in my opinion, of course that is just mine. I am not very qualified in literature. I am now reading my third book in the series and enjoying it also. I would give this one a 4 star

No comments: