Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle

The Last UnicornThe Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is definitely a modern classic. Besides being very well written, it was just plain magical. I thought Beagle's descriptive style was kind of poetic without being overly wordy or snooty. I was hoping to love it a little more than I did. I'm not sure why it didn't quite meet my expectations, but I still really enjoyed it. I would read it over and over again and recommend it to anyone.

If you've already seen the movie, it is a fairly good representation of the book. Of course you'll find some things in the pages that didn't make it onto the screen. So pick it up. It's a nice quick read, and though it's a sad story, it isn't too sad.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I enjoyed it also and looked forward to watching the movie. Thanks for picking it this month in book club - cant wait til next week