Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright

Christmas JarsChristmas Jars by Jason F. Wright

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I read this in a couple of hours while I wasn't feeling well, just two weeks before Christmas. It loses points for sub par writing, flat and unrealistic characters, and an unbelievable yet predictable plot.

But it gains major points back again for having a wonderful message about small and simple things making a huge impact where it matters most, in the heart. This is definitely a feel-good story; great for Christmas time when life can be too busy to read anything heftier.

Over all, this was a quick, sweet, uplifting read. Go ahead and peruse it this Christmas while you wait in long lines or wait for your cookies to bake.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

Julie said...

Too bad that you didn't like it as much as I did. I had a different impression of this book as I had read a few of his other books first and thought this was better written than those. It is a definately "a feel-good story."
Although, I remember reading it last year and what my impression was from my book review, it hasn't lasted with me as much as I thought it would. It is one I feel I'd have to reread before having a better conversation with someone about it. I still haven't read the sequel but I'd still like to eventually.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I liked your last line of this review. :)