Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pride and Prescience by Carrie Bebris

(or a Truth Universally Acknowledged) A Mr & Mrs Darcy Mystery

I looked up prescience;noun, knowledge of things before they exist or happen; foreknowledge; foresight.

I really enjoyed this book. It did not have the kissing and other intimacies that the other Darcy versions had. It definitely followed the Regency etiquette. I liked it because most of the original characters were represented. It starts on the double wedding of Jane and Elizabeth. This version doesn't change the originally story like the other versions.
The same banter between Darcy and Elizabeth continues which is always fun. There are several mysteries and many possible villians.
It was a book that I found so pleasurable I didn't want it to end and longed for a sequel. I recommend this book to any readers, not just Janites. This is a 4 1/2 or maybe even a 5 star.

No comments: