Wednesday, September 22, 2010

To Green Angel Tower, Part 1 by Tad Williams

To Green Angel Tower, Part 1 (Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn, #3; Part 1)To Green Angel Tower, Part 1 by Tad Williams

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The first book in this series was just okay- just good enough to make me curious about the rest of the story. The second was better- I was actually excited to move on to the next book (which is SO HUGE they had to split it into two parts). Part one of book three has all the throat gripping, can't-put-it-down excitment that the first two installments lack. That speaks highly of this book, but not so highly of the series in general. If a story is around 3000 pages long and it takes all the way until page 1700 to really suck the reader in, you've got too many pages, bub. The segway from part one to part two felt a little weak to me as well. You can almost hear the author saying, "Okay, I'm not sure how to make these essential details interesting. I just want to get on to the next exciting part." But then the next exciting part doesn't happen until the next book.

In spite of that, this is a four star book. I really liked it. I hope part two is at least just as good.



View all my reviews

No comments: