Wednesday, July 21, 2010

True Blue by David Baldaccis

I like David Baldacci. We just listened to two of his books on our trip. So I went with True Blue. It is aboubt two sisters in the Washington DC police force. Beth is the Chief of Police and Mace Perry was a police officer but has just served two years in prison because she was set up. She is one tough cookie. Too tough for me. She is bitter, angry and wants to know the truth and get revenge. I like police officer novels. But the two women are just too tough and the story has several things happen that are too far fetched for me. Mace gets out early from prison and the next day is invited by Beth to check out a murder scene. really? Mace meets an attorney there, Roy, the one who found the body and they become friends, deciding to solve the murder before the cops in order to get Mace reinstated. Mace makes some ilegal choices in her pursuit of the truth and Beth let's her do it. There is another murder, another lawyer, but Beth, the DC police and FBI are taken off the case from higher ups. Mace gets a job with a professor to work with people from the projects. Another "ya right;" Roy challenges the head of a gang on one on one basketball in stead of getting shot. The story is okay. Not a good one for Baldacci. I give it two stars

4 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, this is so exciting! I wonder if the new CBS show Blue Blood is loosely based off this book. It certainly sounds like it could be. You'll have to see the CBS preview to that show and tell me if you think it is similiar or completely different?

Carrie said...

Is it connected to David Baldacci? I have not heard about it, but I will go see the previews

Carrie said...

I looked into Blue Blood and it is about a large family of police officers in NYC

Julie said...

I guess I thought since Beth and Mace were sisters it reminded me of Blue Blood and the fact that it is about a family all involved with Police work of some kind and how they interact within and without their jobs. How did the 2 sisters react?