Friday, June 25, 2010

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella by Stephenie Meyer


I had pretty low expectations for this one and was pleasantly surprised. Meyer explores the darker side of her vampire world. Without getting overly morbid, she gives us a sense of what it would be like for one her Vamps who is completely controlled by the bloodlust, sees herself as more God than demon, sees us puny mortals as food, but still has a lot to learn about the clandestine world she's become a part of so very unexpectedly. Meyer does a great job of getting you to sympathize with some of the "bad guys," so that when the inevitable good-conquers-evil ending occurs, you wish she could go back and rewrite Eclipse just a little bit. It also opens up the possibility for yet another storyline in the future; one that I must say, I wouldn't be sorry to read. Three stars to Bree Tanner's story.

4 comments:

Lula O said...

I don't know I just can't get past the fact i'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of this series..
ugh.

Julie said...

I can't wait to read this! It sounds better than I'd have thought too.

Queen 'Bina said...

i know what you mean, lula! i can't WAIT for the fourth movie to be released. then America can regain a degree or two of sanity before moving on to the next ridiculous fad. still, the immature part of me ignores the hype and enjoys it on lower, saner, much more realistic level

Serena said...

I'm still on the fence about this novella. I'll have to see if the library has it. I've shelled out enough hard earned cash on this series