Saturday, May 15, 2010

On Becoming Baby Wise... by Gary Ezzo

On Becoming Baby Wise: Giving Your Infant the Gift of Nighttime Sleep (On Becoming. . .)On Becoming Baby Wise: Giving Your Infant the Gift of Nighttime Sleep by Gary Ezzo

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I really liked this one. I'm not a huge fan of most parenting books, though I'll read them occationally when I feel like I could use a different perspective to help solve a parenting problem.

The thing I LOVE about this method is that it is centered around the idea that the marriage relationship is the heart of the family and should be given priority over all other relationships in the household. Too often, baby makes three and suddenly the original two are unnaturally distanced from each other. This is not good for anyone in the family.

The eat/wake/sleep routine and Parent Directed Feeding this book encourages has worked really well for our family in the past and though we're still in the first couple of weeks of our youngest's life, it has already made adjusting to having a new person in the family much easier. Our days are buisier, yes, but predictably so. Our nights are wakeful, yes, but predictably- and therefore, managably- so.

I would recommend EVERY new or expectant parent read this and at least consider the ideas presented here. They are presented in a friendly, unobtrusive way that lets a person off the hook if they don't happen to agree with the ideas. Definately a GoodRead.



View all my reviews

No comments: