Sunday, January 31, 2010

I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak


This was a fast paced, quick, interesting read. I got sucked right into the story and would love to give it four stars. But I have to knock it down to three because the ending was so unsatisfying. I didn't feel like it fit with the rest of the story, at all. I was a little surprised that this was classified as Young Adult, as there was some material I would think was inappropriate for that age group. All in all, I think it was worth the 8 hours it took to read, but I wouldn't bother keeping a copy for my personal library.
Be advised, this book contains moderate use of profanity and brief instances of sexual and violent sexual activity.

2 comments:

mel u said...

I liked this book also-I agree with what you say about questioning if this should be marketed as a young adult book-great review

Julie said...

This is one that I haven't read yet so I'll have to look into it.