Friday, October 9, 2009

The Eight by Katherine Neville

I recently finished re-reading The Eight by Katherine Neville.
And I loved it this time just as much as I did the last time.
The story centers around a figurative historical chess game using international players from world history. The plot was twisty and switched back and forth from 18th Century France to 1970's New York. Characters from both time periods travelled to Algiers as well.
I thought the story was inventive and imaginative. I'm certainly looking forward to reading her sequel.
Hamilcar and Amanda have both written more comprehensive reviews than I am capable of at this point.

5 comments:

hamilcar barca said...

i look forward to hearing your reading and reviewing The Fire. so far, the reviews seem to be mixed.

Diane said...

This has been on my list for a while. So happy you liked it enough to read it twice :)

Suko said...

This sounds rather intriguing!

Julie said...

A "figurative historical chess game using international players from world history,"certainly grabs my attention. I'll have to add this to my TBR!

Trixie said...

I certainly enjoyed it very much. Way back when I read it the first time, it came highly recommended by my college roommate.
I read it again most recently because I became aware that she has written a sequel as Hamilcar mentions. I do look forward to reading it.
Thanks to all for your comments!