Saturday, April 4, 2009

Traitor by Sandra Gray



During World War II, Marie parachutes into France to join her fiancee, Felix and the Resistance movement. She is captured by German forces and is interrogated by Major Rolf Schulmann. Major Schulmann struggles with his work as an interrogator of an evil cause. Against threats to his family and in hopes of doing some good, he continues. Marie is the fiancee of his friend, Felix, and he feels the need to protect her against the Getsapo.

I don't normally like historical fiction, but I got right into this one. It was well-researched and there were historical notes at the back which I really liked referring to after I read each chapter. This is Sandra Grey's first novel and I was very impressed with her debut. The story was told with just enough historical background to make it believable and the historical information was weaved through the story. I look forward to reading the sequel, Tribunal.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I've been wondering about this book and now I think I'll put it on my TBR list. I'm glad to hear that you were "very impressed with her[Sandra Grey] debut."