Monday, February 9, 2009

Untamed By P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast

"LIFE SUCKS WHEN YOUR FRIENDS ARE PISSED AT YOU. Just ask Zoey Redbird, she's become an expert on suckiness. In one week she has gone from having three boyfriends to having none, and from having a close group of friends who trusted and supported her to being an outcast. Speaking of friends, of the two Zoey has left, one is undead and one is unMarked. And Neferet had declared war on humans, which Zoey knows in her heart is wrong. But will anyone listen to her? Zoey's adventures at vampyre finishing school take a wild and dangerous turn as loyalties are tested, shocking true intentions come to light, and an ancient evil is awakened in P.C. and Kristin Cast's spellbinding fourth House of Night novel. "

Book four was amazing and I have to say that I'm annoyed I have to wait a month for the next installment. Zoey is finally listening to her intuition and her Goddess and finds herself in deep trouble, deep being the operative word.

There is a lot of wonderful sarcasm and quips in this novel, the authors really did capture how girls talk to each other and the emotions they go through on a daily basis. Of course they are all amplified because the dramatic situations but none the less you really end up caring for the characters.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

"In one week she has gone from having three boyfriends to having none"

Well, I guess that's what you'd have to expect if you had three boyfriends...at some point, you'll probably have none. Lesson learned. ;)

Lula O said...

Hey Nikki, you're giving Amanda a run for her money in the book race. Personally I don't know how you both do it. I barely sleep as it is.

Amanda said...

Yeah Nikki you're probably going to pass me up because I've got a whole bunch of my classics lined up in here so they'll take a bit more time to read than my YA stuff...

hamilcar barca said...

would i be correct in assuming that this series won't be anywhere close to being finished when Book 5 comes out?

Nikki said...

Yes book 5 will end up being no where near the end of the series lol Which means I have to spend even more money :( I honestly dont have a life I work and come home thats about it so I read to fill the void ya know? Thats why im so obsessive about it.