Sunday, October 26, 2008

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

Jacob Jacob Jacob. The third installment of the Twilight saga is full of this interesting character. Oddly enough when I was reading this book my boyfriends teenage daughter did nothing but talk about how much she hates Jacob, she went as far as to buy a Team Edward T-Shirt. Of course I don't agree with her but I will let everyone else decide what they want. I cant really reveal a lot because it would spoil it and I just cant do that.
Eclipse (The Twilight Saga, Book 3)
By: Stephenie Meyer
Amazon Price: $19.99

6 comments:

Jason Gignac said...

I've never read these, I always feel bad, like I'm somehow not tapped into the mythology of our day. The last vampire book I read was Carmilla, by Sheridan le Fanu, that'll tell you how out of date I am. Although, apparently according to the super-accurate online test, I'm most like Edward. Hopefully that's a good thing...

Amanda said...

Oddly enough, Jase, I too come out as Edward, despite the fact that I told that test I was a girl...

Everyone I know likes Edward (at least I think...maybe I remember incorrectly). To be honest, I'm not in the least bit interested in the Twilight series. Then again, I said that about Harry Potter, finally gave in after book 6, and loved them. I'm not sure I'd be so forgiving with this series, though. i've heard a lot more about them plots and writing style than I ever did about HP, and I have just been turned off every time.

Trixie said...

I think, Amanda, that it's that you like character development more than plot, right? And if so, I am not sure that you would be satisfied by Stephenie Meyer's stories.
But I like my stories plot-driven and fast-paced, and so I'm looking forward to the Twilight series. Glad you didn't put much detail in your review Nikki because I really don't know much at all about the books yet. All I know is that I really liked The Host. Have you read that one yet? And if so, what did you think about how they compare?

Amanda said...

Yes, you're exactly right, Trixie. I tend to like layers and layers and layers.

Serena said...

I like both Edward and Jacob for different reasons.

Josette said...

Jacob is one of my favourite characters! It's from reading Eclipse that I liked him more. :D