Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Meet Your Match

Meet Your Match by Stephanie Fowers was such a fun book. It takes place on the campus of Brigham Young University (BYU) where I went to college. It brought back a lot of fun memories of good times.

There is a lot of lingo associated with the BYU culture, and it is a central part of the book. Reading this book reminded me of lot of that lingo, but there is also a lot of new ones I'm not familiar with. I guess a lot changes in 13 years!
The story revolves around Jacqueline who wants to prove that nice guys can finish first. This leads to a wager with Britton who thinks that jerks always come out on top. This results in a series of manipulations to prove their point. It's a really fun book, and for me it was a trip down memory lane. However, it might not be as enjoyable for someone to read if they're not familiar with all the lingo and unique cultural references.

3 comments:

hamilcar barca said...

the title sounds like a phrase that MatchMakers Inc. would use. :-)

Amanda said...

haha! :)

Marcia Mickelson said...

That is so funny. I hadn't thought of that.